Ever since I started using the liveBPM app on my phone, I’ve wanted a way to mount my smartphone to my drumkit.
Here’s a screenshot from the app! It does a terrific job (*in 4/4) of tracking the beats-per-minute of whatever sound or music is happening around you. This screenshot is from an EDM concert. Note the strict 125 bpm…..
Anyways, I started off with a plywood design, but it failed. Then I switched to medium density fiberboard (MDF) and shaped the parts with hacksaw and dremel. Once I got the hardware to fit together I sealed the parts with 5 coats of quick-drying polyurethane and it works great!